Five Great Resources to Find Budgeting Services and Advice
Improving your financial literacy is a valuable exercise, no matter what stage of life you are in. Some people are lucky enough to learn about money and personal finance from their parents, but this is not the case for everyone.
Sometimes family can even be the source of underlying beliefs and misconceptions we might be carrying about money and personal finance, which can result in an unhealthy relationship to earning and managing money, and in some cases become the cause of why we end up in debt or living paycheck to paycheck in the first place.
Luckily, there are many free resources out there that you can access to learn about money and how to manage it.
Read our list of budgeting services favourites below:
- The government’s Money Smart website is a great place to start.They have numerous free articles about budgeting services & advice in Australia, and helpful how to’s for learning about personal finance and money management. Visit: https://moneysmart.gov.au/
- Probably the most popular personal finance book in the country, The Barefoot Investor also has a free blog loaded with information about money matters and budgeting services in Australia. Browse here: https://www.barefootinvestor.com/articles
- A classic blog for personal finance, My Money Matters blog goes through everything challenging millennials and their money today. Visit https://www.mymillennial.money/mymillennialmoney
- 4. For those who might prefer to listen and learn, the She’s on the money podcast gives simple to follow money advice. This pod is targeted at women, who are commonly underserved when it comes to financial discourse, but in reality anyone can enjoy this helpful podcast.
- 5. Open University has a range of free courses on their website that you can take to learn about money. Including titles such as Managing money for young adults and Understanding Mortgages.
For a personalised approach to budgeting services and advice, talk to a qualified insolvency practitioner at PIPA today.